Welsh singer-songwriter John Nicholas is the next artist to perform on the Coffee House Sessions Tour. John is known for beating over 12,000 artists in an Open Mic Competition in Birmingham, coming runner-up! He has been working on many projects and had a successful independent career so far – with his debut EP in the works as we speak. So go check him out to hear some new, greatly anticipated releases!
Take a look at what John had to say in his pre-tour interview…
- You’d describe your music as… Edgy pop that’s catchy and relatable.
- You’re currently listening to… John Mayer, Foy Vance, NEEDTOBREATHE & Mat Kearney
- When you’re not making music you’re… Probably, if I’m honest, I am thinking about making music! But when I’m home I like to be at home, family time is #1
- You’d like to duet with… Stevie Wonder, I mean, who wouldn’t?!
- Who’s your guilty pleasure? Taylor Swift.
- Dead or alive, who would you most like to grab a coffee with? The man who invented coffee. I’d like to shake his hand and thank him for the beautiful liquid.
- You’re an artiste because… I love it. I always have and I’m so privileged to be able to do what I do full time. It’s the best job in the world and to be honest, I’m not much good at anything else.
- Vinyl, CD or streaming? There’s nothing like the sound of Vinyl so that’s #1, but it’s hard to beat a cheeky bit of streaming on the go.
- Your party trick is… I can play any tune by clicking my jaw (don’t worry, it’s not part of the set)
- Your hometown is X and we should visit because… Caerdydd! (Cardiff) It’s a small, friendly city that genuinely has everything.
- Tinder or Taken? Taken. I liked it so I put a ring on it.
- Snapchat, Insta, Facebook or Twitter? Call me old school, but FB wins this for me, Twitter coming in a close second, followed by Instagram. Snapchat never left the starting blocks.
- The best boxset ever is… No question.
- Coffee House Tour… what are you most excited about? Travelling to new places, meeting new people and performing for you all!