Unless otherwise stated, these rules (the “House Rules” or the “Rules”) apply to all competitions operated by Insanity Radio (hereafter the “Station”). Specifically, the Competition refers to competitions that are currently being hosted by the Station. The Station is a subsidiary of Royal Holloway Students’ Union, a registered charity (1141998).
Some competitions may not be directly operated by the Station – you can find specific details at the bottom of the page.
“Entrant” refers to a member of the public who has entered the Competition.
“Winner” refers to the Entrant who is deemed to have won the competition.
1. General Rules
- Anyone who enters the Competition agrees to be bound by the Rules. If an Entrant participates in more than one competition, these Rules apply individually to each Competition that said Entrant has entered.
- If an Entrant wants to withdraw from a competition, they can by sending a request in writing to Station Management, who can be contacted from the “Contact Us” page available in the sitemap of this website.
- Competition specifics (the Specifics) are given on the bottom of this page. The Specifics may contain rules that clash with the Rules. In this case, the rules in the Specifics take precedence.
- Unless stated otherwise, the Winner will be picked at random from the pool of Entrants. If the Competition format requires the Entrant to answer a factual question, the pool of Entrants will only include Entrants who have correctly answered said question. The Winner will be announced on air.
- If a Winner is unavailable during announcement, is deemed to have broken the Rules, or otherwise withdraws, another winner may be selected through the same method as the original Winner.
- The Winner may be required to talk to the presenter(s) either live or for a pre-recorded segment. In this case, the Winner agrees to abide by the Station’s Phone-In Policy. If the Winner is unable to answer the phone, another Winner may be selected as per clause 1.5.
- The Prize is outlined in the Specifics. Unless the Prize is cash, the Prize cannot be substituted for cash. The Winner may refuse the Prize, in which case a new Winner will be decided as per 1.5.
- Unless stated, the Competition is not endorsed or the prize provided by any brands other than the Station.
- The Competition is open to any member of the public (not just students at Royal Holloway), however the following restrictions do apply.
- For most competitions, an Entrant must be aged 18 and over. Anyone under 18 (a Minor) may indirectly enter a competition through a Parent and/or Legal Guardian aged over 18. In this case, for contractual reasons, the adult is legally to be regarded as the Entrant.
- Unless otherwise stated, an Entrant cannot be a member of staff at the Station, or a permanent member of staff at the Students’ Union.
- Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries are allowed.
3. General Entry Terms
- The Competition may require phoning or texting a telephone number. If that is the case, clause 3.2 and 3.3 will apply.
- Entrants must seek bill-payer’s permission before entering the Competition. In that case, entering will charge the bill-payer at the base rate the cost of a single network-rate message or call.
- If the provided number is a premium rate number (either starting 09, or otherwise stated as such in the Specifics), then the bill-payer will be charged additionally the rate as outlined in the Specifics. If an Entrant chooses to withdraw from the competition, refunds are generally not permitted.
No purchase necessary. The prize is one limited edition vinyl cut of Marika Hackman’s new single. Winner will be chosen at random. Competition closes at 12PM on Sunday 21st May 2017. Entries made after this point will not be counted. This competition is being operated by Renegade Music; [email protected]