- Surrey County Council are facing the High Court in a recycling battle.
- The council imposed charges for the dumping of non-household waste at recycling centres.
- Facing these charges Surrey residents could take the council to the High Court as they may be illegal.
Elsewhere in Surrey
- In Frimley, a man has been found guilty of eight counts of child rape and seven counts of child cruelty.
- After a four week trial at Guilford Crown Court Dean Stuart Talbot-Bailey, 45, has been jailed for 32 years following a multitude of crimes.
In national news
- Thomas Mair has been jailed for life for murdering MP Jo Cox.
- Described as an act of terror, Mair shot and stabbed the Labour MP in a violent attack in June before the EU referendum vote.
- The 53 year old shouted ‘Britain First’ during the attack and Nazi material was found in his home. He has been jailed for life.
In Royal Holloway news
- The university is currently in talks with The Monkey’s Forehead following the announcement that the pub will be closing in December.
- The lease for the establishment is becoming available in January 2017 – RHUL is currently discussing purchasing the lease.
In Royal Holloway Sports News
- The women’s 1st football beat Kingston’s 1st team yesterday 8-0 and are now through to the quarter finals
Finally, today’s weather will see it
- Cloudy with spots of rain clearing this afternoon with highs of 11 degrees and lows of 6.