The young Tom Pointer from Southampton embarks on his first set of gigs on the Coffee House Sessions Tour this week, playing at Royal Holloway on Monday 30th January. His influence of Rock and Roll mixed with lively Jazz, creates a “fresh” sound leaving you wanting more.
Read on to see what Tom had to say in his pre-tour interview:
1.You’d describe your music as…
2. You’re currently listening to…
3. When you’re not making music you’re…
Swimming, cooking, spending time with family
4. You’d like to duet with…
Brittany Howard (Alabama Shakes)
5. Who’s your guilty pleasure?
6. Dead or alive, who would you most like to grab a coffee with?
7. You’re an artiste because…
I resisted music’s calling for too long!
8. Vinyl, CD or streaming?
CDs – for singing along to in the car!
9. Your party trick is…
I like to try different accents
10. Your hometown is X and we should visit because…
Poole, the New Forest is amazing!
11. Tinder or Taken?
The old-fashioned way
12. Snapchat, Insta, Facebook or Twitter?
Insta! Have a look – @tom_pointer
13. The best boxset ever is…
14. Coffee House Tour… what are you most excited about?
Going back to my old uni Loughborough!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/tompointermusic/?fref=ts